Thursday, June 23, 2011

who wears short shorts....

With the temps here in the South already in the triple digits, shorts have been calling my name.  After years of revolting to any short that did not have the word "athletic" in front of it, I have decided it is time to embrace shorts again.  Short, long, casual, dressy, simple, bold...there are so many options out there.  Paired with dressy flats or wedges, they are perfect for a casual summer date!
Both from J.Crew; I picked up this pink pair recently and L-O-V-E them!

Tory Burch

Seven for All Mankind @ Neiman Marcus

Urban Outfitters

Gap


Banana Republic

2 comments:

  1. Alas, I have loved shorts for years. I always favored the 3 inch jcrew does. But something has changed. This summer, at age 42, I put on my jcrews or even my banana republic "fancy" white shorts and I see Alice from the Brady Bunch. Something about the curve of the hip? I don't know? So I have a few light, cotton skirts, but I end up looking a little too granola with my v neck t shirts and sandals. Need a new summer look. What does Hill style recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you look fabulous...but you could also try a more structured cotton skirt or some ankle-length slim cut jeans/pants. If you can find the right one, maxi-dresses are always a great choice!

    ReplyDelete