Thursday, July 14, 2011

Seeing Double

I noticed a trend yesterday while doing laundry...buying double!  Lately, if I like something a lot, I will buy two. Running clothes, Shoes, Shorts, Jeans (especially jeans...that pair of J. Brand, dark-wash, wide leg jeans you see me wear, yep, one of three).

Guess I am more of a creature of habit than I thought! I look at this as a double edged sword; while it can keep you from branching out, how often do you wear something out only to spend months and months trying to replace it, all the while, wishing you could just reach into the back of your wardrobe and pull out another?

You have seen a lot of these on the blog lately, but I bet you had no idea how deep my obsession with these pieces went! Here are just a few of the things that are showing up in my closet more than once.


I loved these Pink shorts I mentioned a few weeks ago so much, that I bought a pair in black too!
Shorts: J. Crew Factory


I wear these shoes at least four days a week and I am thankful that I have another fresh pair that I can pull out next summer!
Shoes: Nine West

And...what post would be complete without me talking about running gear!  When I find something that I can do a long run in, I stick with it!  I have at least two of these shorts, top and tights - and I pretty much exclusively wear them for any run over 10 miles. If it were up to me, I would have them in every color!
Shorts: Lululemon
Pants: Reebok 

Then there is the list of things I wish I could find more of...that perfect eyeshadow palette that has been discontinued, a great silk, plaid, shirt dress from high school (cooler than it sounds-you will just have to trust me on that one),and my first pair of tan pumps (still trying to find a true replacement-nothing has been quite as perfect).

So tell me...what do you wish you had just one more of? Or are you a closet duplicate shopper like me?   

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely a duplicate shopper! It's one of the biggest life lessons my grandma taught if - if you love something, buy it in every color.

    ReplyDelete